Vintage French and Equestrian Style

If you are a fan of vintage French and equestrian style,
you have found a home at A Touch of Mink.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Back from The Big Apple and Ready to Work!




It's been longer than usual from my last post but I've been busy getting ready for summer and enjoying my little vacation in NY. Boy that city inspires me. The one thing that jumped out at me as something I'd like to bring into my own home someday is the patterned wall to wall carpet in all the hotels. We stayed at The Waldorf-Astoria, but wherever we went, The Plaza Hotel, shops, wherever, there seemd to be an endless amount of charming floral or trellis patterned carpets. The Northwest is not known for this kind of decor. We are kind of a hardwood or plain wall to wall town. But I would sure like to find a place out here that carries it or can at least get it for me. So much nicer than boring old wall to wall or builder hardwood!:0)


I'm getting in a gob of new tea towels soon and I have this great set of 4 vintage French chairs in the shop now. (The balloon back is sold but the tall back ones are the set of 4). I am dabbling with the idea of taking them home and redoing them if they don't sell as they are. But currently they have the originl paint and patina and are super charming. Plus 4 vintage milk crates at $17.95 each. These are the real deal and look great stacked up or turned on their end to see the metal dividers inside. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment