Vintage French and Equestrian Style

If you are a fan of vintage French and equestrian style,
you have found a home at A Touch of Mink.

Friday, May 27, 2011

I Have To Say These Are Hot!






















I tried something new and I'm so pleased with the result I thought I'd share. This is a set of 6 Louis XVI style oval back chairs. I painted the frames and upholstered the seats. The original fabric on these chairs was strange. It was almost rubber-like, leading me to think they once were restaurant chairs. Well, I was too lazy to remove all of the individual nailheads in order upholster the backs so I tried something new. I took gold leaf paint and painted the fabric. Then I handpainted the peacocks in a slightly darker umber/gold. The result is this awesome aged patina look. I have someone coming to look at them today but won't be heartbroken if she doesn't buy them as I wouldn't mind having them around a bit longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment