Vintage French and Equestrian Style

If you are a fan of vintage French and equestrian style,
you have found a home at A Touch of Mink.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Louis XVI Chairs and Experimenting with Gray Wash

SOLD


I received the nicest e-mail from a lovely woman named Lauren who had these 3 oval back Louis XVI style chairs she needed to place in a new home. It just so happened I had 1 at home that matches to make a complete set of 4. I think I'll paint them gray and upholster them in linen. Thank you Lauren! They will be coming with me to the Clayson Flea Market in Yakima in August and I'm sure they will be a big hit!





This table had great lines and a beautiful vintage aged wood to it. I wanted to achieve that driftwood weathered appearance with it so I mixed a wash of Brooke Trout (Martha Stewart) and water 50/50 and painted it on. Then I ragged it off. The result was terrific! It's off to it's new home with Karlene today. Enjoy it in good health Karlene!














No comments:

Post a Comment