Vintage French and Equestrian Style

If you are a fan of vintage French and equestrian style,
you have found a home at A Touch of Mink.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

New Life For Grandpa's Desk
















This little desk is the only piece of furniture I have from my maternal grandfather. Yet, as much as I love being the keeper of this heirloom, it has moved from room to room never really fitting in with any of my things. A bit patrician. And a bit dark with it's mahogany stain. It even had a few lonely years living in the attic when I just gave up trying to make it fit. Finally, I decided, though wondering if it was somehow a sin, to paint it. I thought to myself, what good is it doing anyone if it's not being used and enjoyed? So I mixed up a nice putty gray and painted that baby! Then I started painting some gold peacocks on it. I ordered some great French brass ormolu fittings for it which will really bump it up a notch and some new handles too. Though the fittings haven't arrived yet and it's not finished, I thought I'd share it with you, as I was inspired to use it as my new bar! I found the adorable gold and daisy liquer glasses at a garage sale this weekend and that was all it took to give new life to grandpa's desk.


I hope my new use of my little desk can possibly inspire you to break out the booz and make yourself your own little party bar! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment