Vintage French and Equestrian Style

If you are a fan of vintage French and equestrian style,
you have found a home at A Touch of Mink.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Equestrian Style

When I think of classic equestrian style I think, of course, of Ralph Lauren. If I search further back I think of the classic British motifs of fox hunting paintings, plaids, classic hunt colors and extremely conservative sedate tones. As much as I appreciate the total package lifestyle look that Lauren has given us and the classic-never can go wrong- British hunt club look-they sometimes miss the mark for me. Horses are a huge part of my life and my home. I can see my horses from my kitchen window and I can hear their whinnies in my bedroom if I'm late with their breakfast. I see traces of mud constantly throughout my home from my numerous treks to and from the barn all day, and for me it is a happy sight. But my style is definitely more whimsical and relaxed than what Lauren offers for home and fashion. So slowly through the years I have put my own spin on equestrian style- mixing it with vintage and French inspiration and primitve as well. Pictured here are samples of some of the goodies currently at Touch of Mink. Any of these goods can be mixed with a more classic equestrian style or a more whimsical style to capture your love of the equestrian life. I hope you enjoy them!
Burlap and Silk Lampshade with Fox Pendant-$12.95
Maison French Country bench-$64 -SOLD
French Equestrian Burlap Pillow with Silk Bow and Brooch-$12.95






1 comment:

  1. I discovered your shop last week and really love your style. Loving the bench too. Hoping to check it out tomorrow, if still there. Stefanie

    ReplyDelete