Vintage French and Equestrian Style

If you are a fan of vintage French and equestrian style,
you have found a home at A Touch of Mink.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Love Hate the New Restoration Hardware Line




OK-Can I just say that there is a fair amount of us out here who have been creating the "New Restoration Hardware Line" look for a while now. The Versailles or weather worn French look RH is selling now is hot. No doubt. I don't know if I am in love with their new catalog or furious. Make no mistake. I love the look. I've been working at achieving that look in my home for quite some time now. It's timeless and elegant. Lovely. Truly. But c'mon! They have a coffee table made from a loading pallet for $1,300! I have some sitting in my barn right now that came free with my hay delivery! I feel kind of insulted when I see those prices. Don't you? I feel like RH must think we are stupid consumers out here. I give all of you and all of us a lot more credit. I say if you want a loading pallet for a coffee table go grab one from any grocery store who has few about, throw some old wheels on it and have a party with the money you saved. I thought I'd throw in a pic of my "new" coffee table. Got it for $15. Oh yeah...and the weather worn look on it? It REALLY IS weather worn. I found it outside! I think I'll take a stroll out to my barn right now and see what I can find. Take that @RestorationHardware!

1 comment:

  1. $1300?! I can think of better ways to spend that money; shopping your stuff.

    ReplyDelete